First Aid at School
First Aid at School
Duration: 6 hrs
The First Aid at School course is suitable for childcare staff and those interested in providing First Aid in schools. Children in school are at a higher risk of accidents, including serious ones. The course meets HSE and Ofsted regulations, emphasising injuries and illnesses commonly encountered in schools.
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation): Learn to manage an unresponsive casualty with abnormal breathing. Acquire essential CPR techniques.
- AED Usage (Automated External Defibrillator): Gain knowledge on proper AED usage in emergencies, integrating it into resuscitation efforts.
- First Aid for Unresponsive, Breathing Casualties: Understand steps to assist unresponsive, but breathing normally casualties with key initial aid components.
- Choking Casualty Assistance: Identify choking signs and learn immediate assistance and management techniques.
- Management of External Bleeding: Learn techniques for controlling and managing external bleeding, minimising blood loss.
- First Aid for Minor Injuries: Explore strategies to provide first aid for common minor injuries effectively.
- First Aid for Bones, Muscles, and Joints Injuries: Gain knowledge on providing initial care for injuries to bones, muscles, and joints, including stabilisation techniques.
- First Aid for Suspected Head Injury: Recognise signs of a suspected head injury and acquire skills for appropriate first aid measures.
- Anaphylaxis First Aid: Understand symptoms and triggers of anaphylactic reactions, and learn to administer first aid.
- First Aid for Suspected Asthma: Explore signs and symptoms of asthma attacks and acquire skills for initial first aid measures.
Upon successful completion of the First Aid at School Course, participants will gain:
Specialised First Aid Skills: Acquire essential first aid skills tailored to the unique risks and incidents prevalent in school environments, ensuring participants are well-prepared to respond effectively.
Child-Centric First Aid Expertise: Develop expertise specifically suited for childcare roles, equipping participants with the ability to provide prompt and appropriate first aid to children in school settings.
Regulatory Compliance Certification: Attain a certification that aligns with HSE and Ofsted regulations, validating participants’ competence in maintaining a safe and secure environment within the school context.
Our training centre is conveniently located in the heart of Birmingham and is easily accessible whether you’re using public transport or driving.
At Forward Step Training Centre, we are committed to providing high-quality training in our well-equipped facilities. Our location offers easy access for both public transportation users and those arriving by car, ensuring a hassle-free commute to your learning experience.
Accredited Training at Your Convenience
At Forward Step Training Centre, we are proud to be accredited to deliver our courses not only at our main location but also in suitable employer premises throughout the region. This means we can bring our high-quality training directly to your workplace, making it even more convenient for you and your team.
Secure Your Spot
If everything sounds good and you’re ready to roll, we’ll guide you through the booking process. It’s a stress-free way to lock in your spot for the upcoming course.