Forest School First Aid
Forest School First Aid
Duration: 16 hrs
This course aims to equip individuals engaged in outdoor activities with the necessary skills for managing incidents effectively, particularly those working with children in outdoor settings. Aligned with the Forest School ethos and requirements, the Forest School First Aid course is tailored to the specific environments and challenges encountered by practitioners, making it the preferred choice for those dedicated to the profession of Forest School.
- Role and Responsibility of a First Aider: Understand specific duties in outdoor settings.
- Effective Incident Assessment: Quickly assess incidents for a prompt response.
- Unresponsive Casualty Management: Handle abnormal and normal breathing scenarios.
- Seizure and Choking Management: Safely address seizures and assist choking casualties.
- Bleeding and Shock Management: Control external bleeding and manage shock.
- Minor Injuries and Water-Related Incidents: Handle minor injuries and provide aid for water incidents.
- Assessment and Aid for Specific Injuries: Recognise signs, symptoms, and history. Administer first aid for various injuries and conditions.
- Emergency Responses: Provide aid for poisoning, anaphylaxis, bites, stings, heat or cold effects, and suspected major illnesses.
Upon successful completion of the Forest School First Aid Course, participants will gain:
Specialised Outdoor First Aid Skills: Equipping individuals with targeted first aid skills for outdoor settings, addressing the unique challenges of Forest School environments.
Forest School Ethos Integration: Ensuring a seamless integration of first aid principles into the Forest School ethos, fostering a holistic approach to safety in outdoor education.
Effective Incident Management: Developing competence in responding to incidents, including quick and effective responses, risk assessment, and communication strategies.
Professional Recognition: Attaining a recognised qualification that positions participants as preferred candidates for roles in outdoor education, particularly those involving children in natural environments.
Our training centre is conveniently located in the heart of Birmingham and is easily accessible whether you’re using public transport or driving.
At Forward Step Training Centre, we are committed to providing high-quality training in our well-equipped facilities. Our location offers easy access for both public transportation users and those arriving by car, ensuring a hassle-free commute to your learning experience.
Accredited Training at Your Convenience
At Forward Step Training Centre, we are proud to be accredited to deliver our courses not only at our main location but also in suitable employer premises throughout the region. This means we can bring our high-quality training directly to your workplace, making it even more convenient for you and your team.
Secure Your Spot
If everything sounds good and you’re ready to roll, we’ll guide you through the booking process. It’s a stress-free way to lock in your spot for the upcoming course.